Saturday, May 1, 2010

Random

So our anniversary was last week. Secret Agent Man and I had a lovely dinner at a downtown restaurant called Churchill's. It's probably as swanky as it gets around here. It has recently re-opened after a fire gutted the place about a year ago, when a photography studio next door had a chemical fire.
We had not been in yet prior to the fire, but I have to say, it's gorgeous! The bar downstairs is particularly nice, and reminds me of some kind of upscale English pub. I tried to take a picture, but it was too dark down there.
The dining room was nice, too, though.



Dinner was fabulous. My only complaint was that, since I am allergic to garlic I couldn't do the garlic mashed potato side, and asked to substitute a baked potato. They couldn't "substitute" so I had to buy one, and it was SEVEN FREAKING DOLLARS!
Now, in the grand scheme of things (meaning it was a pricey dinner) I suppose $7 should not have been a big deal, but it was.
Regardless, it was a nice evening.


Yesterday I decided to be productive on my day off. I picked up dry cleaning, went grocery shopping, did some online shopping and Armor All'd my bra.
What? It was dirty!




Looks much better now.




Thursday we went to a piano bar that does "dueling pianos" on the weekend. I don't really understand the "dueling" part, because there was no "play-off" or anything like one we went to in Vegas once, but it was pretty fun. They take requests for tips. Secret Agent man was giving them tips like "Don't eat bad eggs" and "Buy low, sell high" and "Booze makes life easier"... but we gave 'em money too, so they played some of our requests.
The one that surprised me was when SAM asked them to play The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - "upbeat". They actually played it!!
Awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary ; -)

    I agree. I think with you being allerigc, not to mention a baked potato is simpler than garlic mashed, $7 is taking advantage.

    Glad it was nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! Sounds like a wonderful evening but the piano bar sounds oooh sooo fun! SAM sounds like he's a lot of fun too.

    Cheers to many more happy years with your SAM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you and Secret Agent Man. Thanks for stopping by Willow Manor. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yiiiii! Oooh, so posh. Happy Anniversary! I hope it was one darn good po-tay-to.

    ReplyDelete

Grab a cup of coffee and sit down.
Stay a while.
Share a thought or two...