Saturday, March 14, 2009

Art

So, I signed up with Illustration Friday because I thought it would "make" me be creative and draw stuff I wouldn't normally draw. Wrong. Really wrong. Usually I ignore the emails they send me because I'm in the middle of working on something else or because, for the life of me, I can't figure out how you would do an illustration for some of their topics ( "Contained?" "Flawed?" "Opinion?" Really?) Never mind that 7000 other people have no problem with it (although, to be fair, while most of the artwork is really good, sometimes it really does have NOTHING to do with the topic...)

Anyway, this week's topic is "intricate". Well, the intricate drawing I'm working on is Dorothy, from the Wizard of Oz.

What do you mean it that has nothing to do with "intricate?" Really? Huh.

Oh well, that's what I'm working on anyway. I'm also working on an intricate background in a different intricate art program (Corel Painter - most of my stuff is done in Illustrator) to use with Dorothy. Part of a series of storybook/fairytale characters I'm intricately working on.
Just because.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab a cup of coffee and sit down.
Stay a while.
Share a thought or two...