Friday, June 19, 2009

Prayers Please

****** I mistakenly stated that Fred is 82. He is actually only 78. Mom had to correct me. ***********


If you are so inclined, please say a prayer for my Uncle Fred.

He is 78 years old, and along with my mother, the last two of a family of 11. In the past couple years my mom has lost 2 brothers and her sister. Sunday, my Uncle and his new wife Carol (I know, at 78! the old dog!) came to visit my mom and dad for a couple days. Wednesday, he was admitted to the hospital after having a stroke and placed in an induced coma.

They don't know what's wrong. Dad said he had a really bad spider bite on his back that looked infected and may or may not be partly to blame.

Today (it is now Friday, wee hours, but I can't sleep) they will be waking him up to see how he's doing. They are pretty sure his heart's ok, but they don't know about his brain.

My Uncle is a retired doctor. He is one of the funniest men I know. He has 3 lovely, lovely girls and he and his family have always been among my mostest favorite relatives. I have such wonderful memories from my childhood of visiting their small beach cabin in the summer, of lots of laughter and the smell of Fred's cherry pipe tobacco. My little brother used to follow him around and try to steal puff off the pipe when Fred wasn't looking!

I am hoping and praying that he will be fine. I know my mom has stated several times over the past year or so that she is just not ready to be the last of her family. It has been very hard on her. So I am praying for her, too.
Any words to the Big Guy Upstairs would be most appreciated.

Thanks so much.

5 comments:

  1. Bless his heart yes I will for him and the family take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for not being here for a few days but I'll be making it up to you in prayer. Please keep us posted on the progress. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tera! I'm soo sorry!! I will definitely add him to my prayers.

    PS go over to pastor sharon's blog. She's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tera, I'm so sorry. He will be in my prayers... he sounds like such a cool person. Married again at 82, good for him!! :)

    Thanks for commenting on my blog re: the whole comment and comment response scenario. That was a good point you made -- when someone comments but it doesn't really have any substance. Hmmm. I don't think we're obligated to respond in that case. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Grab a cup of coffee and sit down.
Stay a while.
Share a thought or two...