Sunday, April 18, 2010

Speaking of ...

 I haven't had much to blog about this week, the brain is just not working the way I want it to. I wanted to post some new art this weekend, but I'm really having trouble with that. Kind of like writer's block, I guess. So I'll do another episode of  "Speaking of..."

Ready?


So I was randomly flipping channels last night and happened upon one of those "reality" shows, "Stupid Housewives of Fresno" or whatever. You know the ones. What is with that crap anyway? Do I really need to watch a gaggle of bimbos with too much money, too few brains and wa-a-a-ay too much cleavage talk about their money, and their cleavage? No. I watched about 5 minutes of it and wanted to claw my eyes out. Don't even talk to me about that Jersey show...what little I have read about it, I think it would make my brain bleed out my ears.

Speaking of "reality" shows, I will admit that there are some I really like. Project Runway just makes me happy. Apparently I love Heidi Klum, high heels and silly gay drama queens. I also like almost anything on Sci-Fi (I refuse to call it "SyFy" - what the hell?) and HGTV, even though I'm still miffed that they didn't give me that Dream Home I ordered.

Speaking of HGTV, Secret Agent Man and I have a new favorite show: "Holmes on Homes".  He is a Viking god that fixes homes for people who have been royally shafted by their contractors.  Mike Holmes is kind of like Ty Pennington, but less obnoxious and more buff. It's awesome. Except if I ever have to hire a contractor they are going to hate me because I'll be all, "Mike Holmes says..." and "Do you have the permits?" and "Have you ever done this before?" and stuff like that. And they're going to be all, "Don't you have something else to do, ma'am?"

Ma'am?

Speaking of "Ma'am..." as previously stated in another post, I am am not 45 years old. I wonder if I look funny to people, cruising down the road, head-banging to The Offspring and Kings of Leon. I have very eclectic tastes in music. King of Leon is one of my current favorites, but I also still love Steely Dan (if I was on a desert island and could only bring one CD it would be Steely Dan's "Gold"), and I have Imogen Heap, Lady GaGa, Spoon, the Weepies, Bing Crosby, Bare Naked Ladies, Bruce Hornsby, Elbow and Lyle Lovett, to name a few. My iPod is having an identity crisis.

Speaking of Apple...can someone please explain to me the big deal about the iPad? Isn't it just kind of big iPod Touch? I just don't get it. I guess I'm not all up on the Apple craze. Which is odd for an artist/graphic designer, so I've been told. I don't own a Mac. I have a  Gateway and it's just peachy. (No apples for me. Unless they are this kind.) What I really want is an Alienware laptop.

Actually, what I really want is an iCoffee, an iNap and an iVacation.


Speaking of vacations, you know what I think would be cool? If those of us who blog back and forth with each other regularly could swap houses for vacations. I want to trade with Pseudonymous High School Teacher...although it might not be as much fun if she weren't there to visit with.  Or maybe Midlife Slices so I can stay in their gorgeous new guest house. Of course, if it's cleaner than my house (likely) I may just stay...

 So, what are you thinkin' about today?

7 comments:

  1. What am i think about? ...Spam, Monty Python, Politics in America, Birch Trees, John Adams' Time in France, Classic Cocktails (mmmmmm), America in the 40s and 50s, etc. Oh! ...and work is not really fun. ...nothing that a few Mojitos wouldn't cure (temporarily).

    ReplyDelete
  2. great randomness!

    I'd like to swap houses with Pseudo too.

    Also can't stand those Housewive's shows, they make me want to kill people.

    But the queens on Project Runway make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice. i could use some icoffee about now...and keep head banging...its good for your health. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ty Pennington is about the most annoying person on the face of the planet!! Or maybe that is me?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike Holmes, he's from Ontario, but he's still cool. And as for the iPad, it's one of those things that will alter life as we know it, we just don't know it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is WAY to much thinking for me in one sitting, but I do like my iPod touch, but it si enough for me too...my wife likes one of those "housewife" shows.

    If you come to my house for a trade, can you do some decluttering for me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love your ramblies. So much fun swirling around in that noggin of yours. Forget houses. I want to swap brains for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Grab a cup of coffee and sit down.
Stay a while.
Share a thought or two...