Wednesday, December 15, 2010

In-dirigible

If you have not been to my friend Brian Miller's blog, Waystation One, you are missing out. I know some of you read his lovely word-pictures, because that's how I found him (through comments on your blogs).

Anyway, I recently commented on one of his poems, that it made me want to draw a picture (I'm slowly working on it, around all my Christmas and Sketchbook stuff). He responded that he would like that, and if I wanted him to, he would write about one of my drawings. I told him to feel free. He chose this one (remember this one?):




His lovely poem:

in-dirigible


perhaps this is it,
someone's last hope
dumped overboard

washed upon shore
waiting to be found,
still learning to fly,

only so high inside,
dreaming beyond
these invisible walls, i.

quick, find a rock, break
the glass, release me
once more to dance

among the clouds until
a gentle breeze carries
me across horizon's line


- Brian Miller

10 comments:

  1. Love the collaboration, both poem and painting are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much, this was fun and your art is incredible...so you made it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to never ever miss one of Brian's posts. He sends wonderful messages in his writing. This is a great collaboration, your artwork and his writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this so much!

    And am not a lover of poetry, but Brian's words find their way around that trait somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this great poem. I found another great one also

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Popping over here from Brian's.

    Hi poem is perfect for your drawing.

    What talent on both of you!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo! Oh wow, that is a moving poem. Wonderful collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is a great poem and the perfect image for it too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Grab a cup of coffee and sit down.
Stay a while.
Share a thought or two...